Monday, September 1, 2008

Grandpa's Little Co-Pilot


On Saturday, August 30, 2008 Rhett and I went up to Grandma and Grandpa Compton's house in Mountain Green. Jeremy had to work for some reason and we wanted something to do for the day. While up there Grandpa was at the airport (imagine that haha) washing his plane. We went over to hang out and have Rhett check out the plane. We sat him in the seat and put the headphones on him to let him try it out. Grandpa was going to take the plane out after he cleaned it to "dry" it out. So we decided that maybe it was time for Rhett to try his first plane ride in Grandpa's Super Cub. After Grandpa got it all cleaned up and Rhett had a nice nap, I got in the plane and Rhett sat on my lap. Sometimes Rhett is scared of loud noises so we were just going to try starting the plane and see how he reacted. He didn't seem to mind so we prepared for take off and we took off. He did really well. He seemed nervous at first and a little unsure of what was going on but he just sat there looking around. A few times we hit some air bumps and I'd feel him tense up but I think he liked it. He's grandpa's little co-pilot. Isn't he just so adorable with those headphones on?! :o) I wish I had brought an actual camera and taken more pictures.

2 comments:

BeatlesDiva said...

Love the picture! You're kid has great taste in music
:-P

The Compton Family said...

this is such a cute picture. I love it almost as much as I love JJs picture like this. :)

Cora's Story