Friday, February 12, 2010

Rhett

Today Rhett had some kind of small seizure. I was at work but Jeremy said he started staring off and not focusing. He said his head twitched some for a minute or two. Afterwards he wasn't talking, moving or anything. Jeremy called me as I was headed home from work around 9:30ish in the morning and said Rhett was limp and not responding. I got home as fast as we could and rushed him to the ER. The whole ride he was trying to go to sleep, was really pale, and still not looking at anything. As soon as I walked into the ER he started supporting some of his own weight and looking around some so we took him over to the Wee Care instead. They didn't have an appointment at the Wee Care by the hospital but Rhett's doctor in Syracuse Wee Care said he'd get him in as soon as we could get there. When we got there Rhett was responding a little bit more but still not talking to anyone, not even grandma on the phone. (He loves talking on the phone) We got in to see Dr. Silas and he said he thinks he had a seizure and because there was no fever then it was probably something that would happen again when he gets sick. He also has strep throat.
He wanted us to get blood work, CT scan and an EEG. We took him from the doctors office to Davis Hospital where they did his blood work. We had to pretty much hold him down cause Rhett does not do needles at all! The nurse got him in one arm but couldn't get blood. Rhett freaked out and thought he was done but then she had to get his other arm. They finally got it though. We then headed over to Primary Children's to get a CT scan. Rhett hated that even more cause he had to be still and even the straps weren't doing that. Luckily they got what they needed. The doctor said there wasn't anything on but one spot from something previously (maybe the Target incident) and wants us to get Rhett an MRI.

Rhett is doing much better now. He is acting like himself and is talking just like normal. It took him quite a while to talk and walk. It was sooo weird because he's such an active little guy.
Just wanted to record our day somewhere so we can have a record of it. Scariest day of my life! I will never forget it. I will update more when I know more. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support!

3 comments:

mbreck said...

How terrible! You are so in our thoughts in prayers. Give that guy a kiss and hug from all of us. And you too.

The Cragun's said...

Bless your hearts, that is way way way scary. You just never wanna have anything happen to you little kids.

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Thanks for the tip on removing email addresses, I didn't even think of that. They have all now been removed from my blog. thanks again! :)

Cora's Story