
Rhett, Mom and Dad went to talk to the neurologist on Friday about all the tests they've done to find out about his seizure. The neurologist says because the EEG came back abnormal that he has a 75% chance of having another seizure soon. He wants us to think about putting him on antiseizure medication. I really don't know what to do. I don't want him to have another seizure if we can prevent it and its going to happen but I also don't want to have to medicate my 3 year old if I don't have to.(I don't take medicine myself unless I have to) I'm thinking maybe to wait till he has another seizure till we get him the medication? I just don't know. I also don't want to see him have another seizure like that. It was so scary for us. It also would cost us some good money to take him to the ER if his seizure is more then five minutes. Doctor also gave us a prescription for a suppository that we give him if he has a seizure that last longer then five minutes.
Also after going over the CT scan and the MRI the doctor found the spot on his brain that they first talked about after his CT scan. I saw for myself. It looks different. He said its not seizure connected cause seizures are on the outside of the brain, and this spot is deep inside and on the left. He wants to go over the MRI with the doctor that went over it in the first place and told us that there was nothing. He just wants to see what he thinks and maybe figure something out about it. I don't think it has to do with his learning because he's a really smart kid. The doctor doesn't seem worried about it but just kinda interested to know what it might be. I am too!
Jeremy and I have been thinking and praying about it and trying to figure out what we should do. Lately we've had a lot to think about and pray about. We've also had a lot of bills to pay and that isn't helping the stress but we're doing it. I just don't really want anymore expenses added onto our stack. Hopefully we can figure out what the right thing is to do for Rhett. Hopefully Jeremy can get over his anxiety soon and not go crazy. Hopefully someday I'll actually get pregnant so we can have a second child. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We really need them these days. Thanks.



3 comments:
Ok... So not that you asked my exact opinion, but this is what I think... It's so much better to be safe than sorry (When talking about the spot on his brain). My little sister was diagnosed with a brain tumor when she was 5. They don't know how long she had it, but it was fast growing. It was just a fluke as to when and why they found it (She was in a car accident and bumped her head- the MRI was a precautionary measure). I think Heavenly Father provides ways for us to find that kind of stuff out. I'm not saying that I think he has a tumor, I'm just saying that nothing happens without reason. Primary Children's is a wonderful place and Savannah (My sister) wouldn't be alive today without all those wonderful smart doctors. AND even though these doctors are smart and well educated, NOTHING trumps a mothers intuition. If you have any feelings about this.. you need to go with them, no matter how scary it is because I belive it is Divine Intervention. If you need ANYTHING AT ALL... Please don't hesitate to call me. Do what you think is right and what Heavenly Father thinks you should do and everything will work out the way it is suppose to! Love you guys!
I agree with you about medication. I hate taking it even when I'm sick and I don't really have a choice. But my dad has been on siezure meds forever. He was born with a non cancerus tumor on his motor nuron and because of that it causes siezures.
For his safety, and if it was my child, I would start him on the meds right away. You don't want to take the chance of it causing any damage to his brain, or to his body.
Do pray about it, and be patient for an answer. You are in our thoughts.
Oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear about you little guy. I hope that you figure everything out, and that he is ok.
Post a Comment